HUD Announces Diaster Assistance
Posted by Rooflines on November 1, 2012
HUD has announced disaster assistance for those affected by Hurricane Sandy in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut.
This assistance will:
- Give states the flexibility to redirect millions of Community Development Block Grant and HOME program dollars to address critical needs, including housing and services for disaster victims.
- Grant a 90-day moratorium on foreclosures of FHA-insured homes
- Make mortgage insurance available under HUD’s Section 203(h) program
- Make insurance available for both mortgages and home rehabilitation under HUD’s Section 203(k) program
- Offer Section 108 loan guarantee assistance