ARTICLES IN SHELTERFORCE since jan 08
- The Continued Importance of Fair Lending in the Age of Obama
Housing discrimination continues to plague the market, as does the myth that the housing crisis resulted from extending homeownership and home mortgage credit to historically underserved groups: minority families. Even with the Obama administration’s Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan and, within that, the Making Home Affordable program, minority groups continue to suffer ongoing discrimination and fair housing violations.
POSTS ON ROOFLINES
- 5 May 09 · Jack Kemp: Stalwart of the Party of Lincoln
- 27 Feb 09 · Obama Budget: The Beginning of Meaningful Tax Reform
- 21 Feb 09 · The Obama Housing Plan: Bold and Sensible, But Gaps Remain
- 27 Jan 09 · A Stimulus Package We Can Believe In
- 26 Oct 08 · Rationale for Obama’s Tax Policy
- 30 Sep 08 · A Victory for American Democracy
- 23 Sep 08 · Shiller’s “Continuous-Workout Mortgages” Won’t Address the Crux of the Problem
- 10 Aug 08 · Administration Claims Homelessness has Dropped Dramatically. Really?
- 3 Aug 08 · The FHA Refinancing Option for Troubled Loans—Doing it Right
- 28 Jul 08 · Fan & Fred Bill: The Catalyst For a Better Housing Market?
- 16 Jul 08 · Who Dun It in the “American Murder Mystery?”
- 28 Jun 08 · Inclusive Growth, Identity, Poverty-Alleviation, and Freedom
- 16 Jun 08 · Obama’s Urban Policy Team: What We Should Expect
- 8 Jun 08 · Making Fair Housing a Reality
- 2 Jun 08 · Housing Instability and Children’s Schooling
- 26 May 08 · “Nation’s Poorest 1% Now Controls …..
- 19 May 08 · Make Lemonade from the Current Housing Crisis
- 15 May 08 · Can the Senate Sway Bush on a Foreclosure Rescue Plan?