Corianne Payton Scally
Corianne Payton Scally, Ph.D., is CEO of HOUSERS, LLC, conducting research on affordable housing and community development policy and practice at the federal, state and local levels. She was formerly Associate Professor and Director of the Master’s in Urban and Regional Planning Program at the University at Albany, State University of New York.
Follow her on Twitter: @CorianneScally
ARTICLES IN SHELTERFORCE since jan 08
- Coming Together…And Staying Together
Lessons from three decades of state CDC network formation.
- Restoring Confidence in the CDC Model
Have we lost faith in our friends? Results driven standards killed a system meant to help in ways beyond the quantifiable. We need trust to revive the model.
- House America Bond Might Not Address Long-term Issues
“A House America Bond for State Housing Finance Agencies: More Affordable Housing for Low- and Moderate-Income Households,” Jordan Eizenga, Center for American Progress, March 2012.
- Decoding Housing Finance Agencies
State housing finance agencies play a pivotal role in affordable-housing development, yet many advocacy organizations don’t know how to gain leverage in influencing these increasingly powerful bodies.
POSTS ON ROOFLINES
- 30 Jun 14 · What to Do When Environmental and Housing Needs Collide
- 30 Apr 14 · Defeating NIMBY With Incentive Housing Zones
- 17 Oct 13 · Can Better Messaging Overcome NIMBY?
- 8 Oct 13 · What the Shutdown Reveals About U.S. Housing Priorities
- 30 Jul 13 · 5 (More) Things Dividing the Government and CDCs
- 15 Apr 13 · Too Little, Too Little: Obama’s MID Reform Proposal
- 21 Feb 12 · Preserving New York’s Preservation Companies