Ted has been the CEO of LEED Council since 2002. Now doing business as North Branch Work, they continue to build upon their 30-year history of integrating economic and employment development to connect industry and community in Chicago’s North River and Addison Industrial Corridors.
During his 17-year tenure as CEO of the Chicago Association of Neighborhood Development Organizations (CANDO), Ted built CANDO into the largest city-wide economic development coalition in the U.S.
Previously, Ted worked for over 12 years for Gale Cincotta and the National Training & Information Center [NTIC] on community reinvestment. Ted was the founding editor of NTIC’s national publication, DISCLOSURE.
Ted is a past chairman of the National Community Reinvestment Coalition’s board of directors.
ARTICLES IN SHELTERFORCE since jan 08
- Getting Beyond Growth at Any Price
- The Next Move is Always Ours
Gale Force: Gale Cincotta: The Battles for Disclosure and Community Reinvestment, by Michael Westgate with Ann Vick-Westgate, Education and Resources Group, 2011, 416 pp. $20.00 (paper). Available on Amazon.
- Taking the LEED in Your Community
Through local and regional initiatives, communities are tailoring the eco-revolution for their backyards.
POSTS ON ROOFLINES
- 22 Mar 09 · An Inconvenient Greed (AIG)
- 5 Jan 09 · Will 2009 Be the Year of No Credit for College Tuition or a Green Economy?
- 1 Dec 08 · “No Home, No Job, No Peace, No Rest”
- 1 Nov 08 · There Will Still Be a Need for Community Organizers
- 28 Sep 08 · Rescue Communities Now!
- 25 Aug 08 · Investing in Communities Key to Obamanomics
- 27 Jul 08 · Can’t Look Past the Rescue Short Fall
- 13 Jul 08 · Bush Legacy: Unregulated Speculation Destroying Economy and Communities
- 29 Jun 08 · Going Green