Ted has been the CEO of LEED Council, now North Branch Works, which integrates economic and employment development to connect industry and community in Chicago’s North River and Addison Industrial Corridors, since 2002. During his 17-year tenure as CEO of the Chicago Association of Neighborhood Development Organizations (CANDO), Ted built CANDO into the largest city-wide economic development coalition in the U.S.
Previously, Ted worked for over 12 years for Gale Cincotta and the National Training & Information Center [NTIC] on community reinvestment. Ted was the founding editor of NTIC’s national publication, DISCLOSURE.
Ted is a past chairman of the National Community Reinvestment Coalition’s board of directors.
ARTICLES IN SHELTERFORCE since jan 08
- Our Financial Reform, Our Health
The Price of Inequality: How Today’s Divided Society Endangers Our Future, by Joseph Stiglitz, W.W. Norton & Company, Inc., June 2012. 448 pp. $27.95 (Hardcover). Available on Amazon.
- Uncertain Future in the Absence of Planning
Planning Chicago, by D. Bradford Hunt and Jon B. DeVries. APA Planners Press, 2013, 352 pp. $34.95.
- Getting Beyond Growth at Any Price
- The Next Move is Always Ours
Gale Force: Gale Cincotta: The Battles for Disclosure and Community Reinvestment, by Michael Westgate with Ann Vick-Westgate, Education and Resources Group, 2011, 416 pp. $20.00 (paper). Available on Amazon.
- Taking the LEED in Your Community
Through local and regional initiatives, communities are tailoring the eco-revolution for their backyards.
POSTS ON ROOFLINES
- 22 Aug 13 · The Ripple Effect of Thoughtful Planning
- 22 Mar 09 · An Inconvenient Greed (AIG)
- 5 Jan 09 · Will 2009 Be the Year of No Credit for College Tuition or a Green Economy?
- 1 Dec 08 · “No Home, No Job, No Peace, No Rest”
- 1 Nov 08 · There Will Still Be a Need for Community Organizers
- 28 Sep 08 · Rescue Communities Now!
- 25 Aug 08 · Investing in Communities Key to Obamanomics
- 27 Jul 08 · Can’t Look Past the Rescue Short Fall
- 13 Jul 08 · Bush Legacy: Unregulated Speculation Destroying Economy and Communities
- 29 Jun 08 · Going Green