John Emmeus Davis
John Emmeus Davis is a partner and co-founder of <a >Burlington Associates in Community Development</a>, a national consulting cooperative specializing in the development of policies and programs promoting permanently affordable, owner-occupied housing.
He was the housing director for Burlington, Vermont in the mayoral administrations of Bernie Sanders and Peter Clavelle. He also planned and coordinated the city’s Enterprise Community.
Davis has taught housing policy and neighborhood planning at Tufts University, New Hampshire College, the University of Vermont, and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He was on the founding board of the National CLT Academy and served for a number of years as the Academy’s Dean.
ARTICLES IN SHELTERFORCE since jan 08
RESEARCH FOR NHI
POSTS ON ROOFLINES
- 23 Jan 15 · Plugging the Leaky Bucket: It’s About Time
- 11 Nov 14 · Covered Bridge: A Program That Keeps the Elderly in Their Homes
- 7 Sep 14 · Mamas, Don’t Let Your Organizers Grow Up To Be Developers
- 22 Apr 14 · You Must Remember This: Uses of the Past in Community Development
- 3 Mar 14 · The Impossible Takes a Little Longer
- 17 Sep 13 · Is Community Development an Industry—or a Movement?
- 23 Jul 13 · Mobility Still Matters
- 6 May 13 · A New Kind of Redlining: Punishing Success
- 28 Mar 13 · Braided Lives: Habitat–Land Trust Partnerships Bring Each Back to Their Roots
- 10 Jan 13 · Precarious Values and Permeable Edges in Community Development
- 6 Dec 12 · The Threat (and Promise) of a Good Example
- 31 Oct 12 · The Untapped Potential of Land Bank/Land Trust Partnerships
- 27 Aug 12 · No Time for Timidity
- 8 Aug 12 · Nine Rules of Engagement for Recruiting and Retaining Community Volunteers
- 27 Jul 12 · Yes They Can. And They Bloody Well Did