Joseph Kriesberg is the President of the Massachusetts Association of Community Development Corporations.
ARTICLES IN SHELTERFORCE since jan 08
- Let’s Hear From the Field
Investing in What Works for America’s Communities, edited by Nancy O. Andrews and David J. Erickson. Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco and Low Income Investment Fund, 2012, 419 pp. Free ebook.
- A 21st Century Vision For Community Development
Today’s economic crisis is devastating neighborhoods and households across the country. Urban, low-income communities that were slowly recovering from the disinvestment of earlier decades are now falling back to where they were in the 1970s. Rural communities, walloped by the collapse of key economic generators, have suffered no less. Families that had begun to break the cycle of poverty and build small amounts of savings are now being plunged back into debt. Yet, at a time when the work of community development corporations is more needed than ever, there are growing questions about their long-term viability and efficacy.
POSTS ON ROOFLINES
- 17 Jul 13 · Let’s Agree to Agree on a Poverty Policy Overhaul
- 12 Jul 13 · Are Poor Families Stuck in Place?
- 7 Jun 13 · More Suburban Poor? Think Again
- 7 Oct 12 · What Works—and What Doesn’t—in Community Development
- 9 Jan 12 · Could 2012 Be the Best Year for Massachusetts CDCs in Decades?