Dean Baker is co-director of the Center for Economic and Policy Research in Washington, D.C.
ARTICLES IN SHELTERFORCE since jan 08
- Right to Rent: The Best Response to the Housing Crash
Homeownership can often be a way for families to get good stable housing as well as an effective vehicle for them to accumulate wealth. However, owning a home is not likely to be a wise investment for families in unstable work or family situations.
POSTS ON ROOFLINES
- 28 Mar 14 · The Crapo-Johnson Housing Finance Bill Is a Disaster
- 26 Feb 13 · The Bipartisan Policy Center Endorses a Bi-Partisan Failure
- 19 Dec 12 · The First-Time Homebuyers Tax Credit Helped Sink the FHA
- 12 Nov 12 · Homeownership Is Not Necessarily a Great Investment
- 9 Oct 12 · Homeownership: Dream or Nightmare?