Jonathan T.M. Reckford is chief executive officer of Habitat for Humanity International, a nonprofit Christian housing organization that, since 1976, has helped more than 5 million people construct, rehabilitate or preserve homes in more than 70 countries.
Jonathan serves on the boards of InterAction, the Stanford Graduate School of Business, the Duke Center for the Advancement of Social Entrepreneurship and Industrial Heat. He is also a member of the Council on Foreign Relations and the Urban Steering Committee for the World Economic Forum.
He is the author of a book titled Creating a Habitat for Humanity: No Hands but Yours.
POSTS ON ROOFLINES
- 23 Feb 17 · Putting Housing Back at the Forefront of the National Conversation
- 15 Aug 16 · Housing Groups Should Expand to Repair Work to Help Seniors Age in Place
- 14 Sep 15 · Neighborhood Investment Doesn’t Have to Mean Displacement
- 16 Jul 15 · What Have We Learned a Decade after the Gulf Coast Hurricanes?
- 11 Jun 15 · The Ripple Effects of Having a Stable Home
- 18 Mar 15 · Transforming Communities Through Residential Energy Efficiency
- 21 Jan 15 · Making the Connections Between Housing and Health
- 18 Nov 14 · Housing Microfinance: So Little Changes So Much