Josh B. Silver is a senior advisor at NCRC, where he produces white papers on the Community Reinvestment Act and fair lending policy and issues. He also serves as an expert on affordable housing and community reinvestment. He returned to NCRC after serving as a development manager engaged in fundraising and research at Manna, Inc., a housing nonprofit developer and counseling agency serving the District of Columbia. He also previously served as Vice President of Research and Policy at NCRC for 19 years. In that capacity, Mr. Silver developed NCRC’s policy positions, produced various research studies, engaged in proposal writing and fundraising, and supervised a staff of research and policy analysts. He has written NCRC testimony submitted to Congress on topics including financial modernization, predatory lending, and the effectiveness of the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) as well as numerous comment letters to federal banking agencies on subjects ranging from the merger application process and the content and accuracy of home and small business data.
Prior to NCRC, Mr. Silver worked at the Urban Institute for five years, where he specialized in housing market analysis and program evaluation. He holds a Master’s degree in public affairs from the Lyndon Johnson School of Public Affairs at the University of Texas in Austin.
POSTS ON ROOFLINES
- 17 Apr 17 · CRA Should be Becoming Less Partisan. Instead, It’s More.
- 23 Feb 17 · How Data Disclosure Will Help Prevent the Next Financial Crisis
- 24 Jan 17 · OCC Moving Steadily Forward on Fintechs—Is This a Good Thing?
- 19 Dec 16 · How CRA Can Promote Integration in Gentrifying Neighborhoods
- 21 Nov 16 · An Opportunity to Shed Sunlight on Lender Legal Compliance is Missed
- 20 Oct 16 · A Strong Rule and Reforms Are Needed to Combat Payday Loans
- 23 Sep 16 · Tweaks to CRA Q&A Document Miss the Larger Picture
- 21 Jul 16 · Why Are Biased Banks Getting High CRA Marks from Regulators?
- 16 Jun 16 · The Romance and Reality of the New Financial Technology (Fintech) Companies
- 23 May 16 · Imagine if Banks Had a Rating Showing Compliance with Consumer Law?
- 21 Apr 16 · CRA on a State Level Makes Sense
- 18 Feb 16 · How the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) Can Help Flint
- 21 Jan 16 · CRA Exams Aren’t Cutting It For Communities in Need
- 16 Dec 15 · Public Benefits and Bank Mergers